Disk Recycler Rack System
- Disk Recycler is a scriptable high-speed disk drive tester, wiper, repairer built for professional hard disk recycling applications. The product can be operated either via host software, or stand-alone via a script uploaded onto a USB flash stick. Absolutely new, innovative solution guarantees full disk recertification when the condition of the hard disks is not known. It comes equipped with full circuit protection that prevents taking damage from malfunctioning storage devices attached to the unit.
Important: Disk Recycler equipment is sold on a one time, non-recurring fee basis; there are no per-use fees of any kind.
- Custom scripts. Editor included;
- Reports & logs. Printing supported;
- DoD and NIST wiping methods;
- Security Erase and linear pattern erase support;
- S.M.A.R.T., Seek, Transfer Rate, surface scan testing;
- Custom/Vendor Specific ATA command support;
- Checksum calculation: MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512;
- HPA/DCO control;
- Lock/Unlock commands (ATA Password set/remove);
- Bad disk repair (sector remapping);
- Fast internal database with CSV integration.
- Stand-alone mode support (without host PC software).
- Expandability to up to 800 drives;
- Free software updates and support;
- User friendly interface;
- Easy to use editor with integrated help to compose your own custom scripts;
- Individual control of all hard disk drives;
- Professional testing, wiping and repairing;
- High processing speed of 18 GB/min;
- Reporting system;
- Customizable to your needs;
- Easy 2-click firmware update on all units;
- 1x 4-port Disk Recycler units;
- Windows control software (runs on a separate PC);
- 4x SATA & SAS compatible cables
- AC power cable
- Options: Router; ATA Adapters
Maximum number of Recycler units in one network is 200. Each unit has 4 ports, which means you can control up to 800 ports simultaneously with only one Disk Recycler software instance. Recycler system is specifically designed to function with large number of hard disk drives in one network. All ports are completely independent, and failure of one or more hard drives has no impact on other ports. You can even assign completely different tasks to each port in the network, and all tasks will still run simultaneously without affecting each other in any way. Recycler provides high speeds of up to 18 GB/min, ensuring the highest level of efficiency.
Installation instructions: You will need a dedicated router to connect the Disk Recycler to your computer, which requires Windows 7 or above.
See below instructions for downloading software to your computer in step 1. Follow steps 2-8 once you receive the unit.
Instructions for connection to your laptop or PC:
- Download and install THIS SOFTWARE onto laptop or PC. NOTE: 2 icons will load to desktop Atola Disk Recycler & Atola Disk Recycler Script Editor.
- Disconnect internet or network from the PC or laptop.
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Turn off any anti-virus software
Connect any port (1-4) of router to PC/laptop
- Connect another port (1-4) of router to Disk Recycler.
- Turn on Disk Recycler – there is a power supply switch on the back and another switch in front.
- Wait a few minutes, some LED’s for A,B,C,D should light on. Not all will light up necessarily.
- Open Atola Disk Recycler software. If you see 4 boxes corresponding to the 4 ports of the Disk Recycler unit, you are ready.